1923 - Mrs. John Paris, former President Flushing Garden Club formulated plans to federate all garden clubs in NYS.
1924 - In February 43 people representing 20 organized garden clubs met and discussed forming a Federation.
1924 - In March the Federation was formed with 12 clubs; 12 more joined in three months. These are the 24 charter clubs of FGCNYS, Inc.
1925 - First Annual Meeting held at the Roosevelt Hotel, NYC
1928 - First newsletter published.
1929 - National group organizational meeting in NYC. Named the National Council of State Garden Club Federations, Inc. FGCNYS was a charter member.
1930 - National Council held first convention in Chicago
1931 - FGCNYS hosted first course in judging flower shows. 153 people from 11 states attended.
1934 - Name changed to National Council of State Garden Clubs, Inc.
1959 - Headquarters moved from NYC to St. Louis with dedication of headquarters.
1999 - Name changed to National Garden Clubs, Inc.
CHARTER CLUBS FGCNYS: Staten Island GC, Community GC of Garden City-Hemstead, Douglaston GC, Port Washington GC, GC of Kinderhook, Katrina Trask GC, Ithaca GC, Rochester GC, GC of Dobbs Ferry, GC of Larchmont, GC of New Rochelle, Scarsdale Woman's Club, Garden Section, GC of Nyack,